The ESSO 41 Scientific Committee will award a number of bursaries to attend the Congress.
To be considered for a congress bursary, an applicant should meet the following requirements:
- Be a member of ESSO in good standing;
- Be under the age of 40;
- Submit an abstract for ESSO 41. Applicants whose abstracts have been accepted for oral or poster presentation will be considered first;
- Submit a letter explaining the benefits of attending ESSO 41;
- Provide a two-page CV (including date of birth and list of 5 publications);
- Provide a letter of support from the Head of the Department/Organisation stating that the applicant is not the recipient of any other financial support;
- Provide a copy of the submitted abstract;
Applicants from emerging countries* and whose abstracts have been accepted for oral or poster presentation will be considered first.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 31st May. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
A maximum of 4 bursaries will be offered. Each bursary will include the reimbursement of travel expenses for up to 500 EUR. If the travel costs are less than 500 EUR, the remaining amount will be used to cover accommodation or registration to the Congress.
Bursaries will be paid within one month after the congress upon submission of receipts.
No-show or the absence of a poster will lead to the cancellation of the grant.
Please send your application to email@example.com
The decision on the recipients of the congress bursaries lies at the sole discretion of the ESSO 41 Congress Committee. Successful applicants will be notified in the first half of July. Successful fellows will be able to register at the early rate until 15th August.
* Low income economies and middle income economies as per the classification of the World Bank.